Santa Barbara | 2018 - Present
SOCIAL MEDIA SUPERVISOR
Girl Scouts of California's Central Coast
Ventura | 2017 - 2018
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Developed and implemented a brand new community engagement and relationship-building strategy designed to increase local awareness for the council while making lasting beneficial contributions to the entire Girl Scout community. Through both digital and non-digital outreach, this dynamic role produced personalized and relevant executive communications, content, events, meetings and speaking opportunities while staying current on news and trends to guide thought leadership and community collaboration.
• Orchestrated the most well-attended community event in recent council history for #GoGoldGSCCC celebrating Gold Award Girl Scouts and with GSUSA national CEO, Sylvia Acevedo, in attendance.
• Organized Thomas Fire support for affected families in partnership with Service Unit Managers, Troop Leaders, Red Cross and Honda Helpers delivering comfort kits to 500 individuals.
• Crafted executive communications around community, leadership and G.I.R.L’s.
Miami | 2014 - 2017
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER / CONTENT MARKETING CONSULTANT
Hired by the first female CEO in the cruise industry to co-develop and execute a marketing communications strategy that differentiates Celebrity Cruises in a “Sea of Sameness” as a next-gen, modern, luxury service reeling in a younger generation of socially conscious, high-end vacationers.
Branding & Content Strategy
Crafted personas for luxury corporate brand and CEO brand in tandem, wrapping marketing communications voice and strategy around the values of female power, social responsibility, and fun.
Marketing Campaign Leadership
• Spearheaded #Celebrity Edge launch via multi-platform social livestreams and 2-year partnership with Nobel Laureate and UN Ambassador Malala Yousafzai to secure 6M video views, 190M Twitter impressions, $1.7M in earned media value, and $1.6M in bookings in the first 2 days.
• Drove social sweepstakes and experiential marketing for #GrassIsGreener campaign involving pop-up picnics with surprise cruise certificates at major metro cities and festivals to generate 80,000 leads.
• Led event promotion and day-of coverage for #DestinationDemi private island concert, gaining access to Demi Lovato’s 38M Twitter followers and TV plug from Demi on “Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve.”
• Built buzz and live week-long coverage for 2 #TopChefAtSea Caribbean signature sailings with celebrity cheftestants on board and managed social partnership for #ProjectRunway episode integration with CEO.
• Led social media marketing for 12-night, star-studded, ultra-high-end #PresidentsCruise for 3,000 VIPs and the CEO, 2 years in a row – once through the Baltics to Russia and the second across Ireland and Iceland.
San Francisco | 2012 - 2013
Powered social media presence via marketing campaigns, contests, promotions, and humor on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram (named in “Top 20” startups to follow) for this mobile payment startup backed by JPMorgan Chase. Served key role in fortuitous transition from DTC marketing to merchant-enabled marketing, based on ethnographic study.
Social & Local Marketing
• Tapped into SF Giant’s Tim Lincecum’s 400,000 Facebook fans and Vernon Davis’ 1M Twitter followers, through a $10 GoPago promotional credit leading to 75,000+ app downloads.
• Wrote monthly sponsored blog for 7x7 Magazine, highlighting partnering merchants in a playful way, with posts like "Top 5 Places to Get Your Mustache Wet in Movember.”
• Partnered with Sales to develop marketing communications collateral and land national accounts, then worked on test launches for 7-Eleven, Whole Foods, and Aramark.
Ink Foundry (Angelsmith)
Sausalito | 2010 - 2012
Inspired agency shift into New Media Marketing, opening up a new revenue stream through social media marketing, viral videos, and online community management to complement existing PR services for Food, Wine, Retail, and Travel clients. Played a part in shaping a new way of marketing through “hidden influencers” and online personalities.
Social Media Marketing
• Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: Launched innovative campaigns such as “the skinny cocktail,” gluten-free meal contests, and media dinners for bloggers linked to A-list food/wine/beauty/sports affiliates.
• Outback Steakhouse: Performed outreach to tap into "dad bloggers" nationwide in a large-scale Father’s Day giveaway, which brought in 17,000+ entries and comments.
• Vinfinity & Napa Technology: Conducted sommelier and wine buyer surveys to track trends, ghostwrote articles picked up by major trades, and drafted press releases for wine technology clients.
• Rodney Strong: Became social media journalist for 25th Anniversary Dinner that took place in 5 cities, achieving #1 Twitter trending position for #RSV25 as well as nomination for Shorty Award.