San Francisco | 2012 - 2013
Powered social media presence via marketing campaigns, contests, promotions, and humor on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram (named in “Top 20” startups to follow) for this mobile payment startup backed by JPMorgan Chase. Served key role in fortuitous transition from DTC marketing to merchant-enabled marketing, based on ethnographic study. Social & Local Marketing
- Tapped into SF Giant’s Tim Lincecum’s 400,000 Facebook fans and Vernon Davis’ 1M Twitter followers, through a $10 GoPago promotional credit leading to 75,000+ app downloads.
- Wrote monthly sponsored blog for 7x7 Magazine, highlighting partnering merchants in a playful way, with posts like "Top 5 Places to Get Your Mustache Wet in Movember.”
- Partnered with Sales to develop marketing communications collateral and land national accounts, then worked on test launches for 7-Eleven, Whole Foods, and Aramark.
Ink Foundry (Angelsmith)
Sausalito | 2010 - 2012
Inspired agency shift into New Media Marketing, opening up a new revenue stream through social media marketing, viral videos, and online community management to complement existing PR services for Food, Wine, Retail, and Travel clients. Played a part in shaping a new way of marketing through “hidden influencers” and online personalities. Social Media Marketing
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: Launched innovative campaigns such as “the skinny cocktail,” gluten-free meal contests, and media dinners for bloggers linked to A-list food/wine/beauty/sports affiliates.
- Outback Steakhouse: Performed outreach to tap into "dad bloggers" nationwide in a large-scale Father’s Day giveaway, which brought in 17,000+ entries and comments.
- Vinfinity & Napa Technology: Conducted sommelier and wine buyer surveys to track trends, ghostwrote articles picked up by major trades, and drafted press releases for wine technology clients.
- odney Strong: Became social media journalist for 25th Anniversary Dinner that took place in 5 cities, achieving #1 Twitter trending position for #RSV25 as well as nomination for Shorty Award.